How did it happen
• Cotton weaving establishments were formed in Italy in the 13th & 14th centuries but they did not make a significant economic impact on the industry as they produced a coarser quality of fabric than the imported fabric, and therefore had difficulty in obtaining a good supply of cotton fiber.
• A Chinese text from 3,000 BC lists dye recipes to obtain red, black and yellow on silks. Ancient Indian texts describe several different yellow dyestuffs, how to obtain reds from the wood and bark of certain trees, and also notes the use of indigo to create blues on cotton. In Central and South America they dyed bast fibers (plant fibers) in shades of red and purple with the bodies of the cochineal insects (Dactylopius coccus).
Development of Natural dyes
The development of natural dyes took place at the same time after the technique of weaving had been discovered in about 5000 BC. In India, the use of natural dyes for dyeing, painting and printing goes to the prehistoric periods. Ajanta paintings, dated as far back as 1st century AD, were painted with natural dyes. These paintings are the evidence of the use of colorful garments worn by men and women of that era. Natural dyes can be categorized under vegetative or animal origin. Until the latter half of the nineteenth century, all dyes with the exception of few mineral colors were of animal or vegetable origin. Coloring matter was extracted from the roots, stems, leaves, flowers, barks and fruits of plants and from certain insects and shellfish by an elaborate series of extraction processes.
Post vedic scenario
The post vedic period (500 BC) saw the introduction of natural dyestuffs like Kumkuma (saffron), Nila
(Indigo) among plant products, kerme (kermes) and Recona (brighr yellow substance prepared from cow’s urine) among the animal substance and Gairica (red ochre) among minerals beside, Khanjana (carbon black). The word Indigo is derived from the greek Indikon and the lattin Indicum, meaning a substance from India, and its use in the medieval age is found in the writings of a trader in Egypt in the 1st century AD. A collection of 168 specimens of fabrics dyed by indigenous processes were kept in the Bengal Economic Museum, Kolkata.
What is Color?
Color is one of the elements of nature that made the human living more aesthetic and fascinating in the world.
They are supposed to be associated with emotions, human qualities, seasons, festivals and passion in our life. In the past, at dawn of the civilization, the people tried to ornament their surroundings similar to that of natural colors observed in the plant, soil, sky and other sources.
This gave birth to a new science of colors from natural origin.
search Prodcuts Natural Color
Hot Prodcuts Natural Color
- Beetroot Red, Beet Red, BETANIN
- Curcumin, E 100 Curcumin, CI Natural Yellow 3, Turmeric Yellow, Diferoyl Methane
- Lutein, E 161b LUTEIN, Mixed Carotenoids, Xanthophylls
- Lycopene, Natural Yellow 27
- Paprika Extract, Paprika Oleoresin
- Chlorophylls, CI Natural Green 3, Magnesium Chlorophyll, Magnesium Phaeophytin
- CI Food Orange 5, Beta-Carotene
- Fructus Gardeniae Black Natural Color Sales
- Cape Jasmine Black Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Pigment Black Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Black Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Pigment Red Natural Color Sales
- Fructus Gardeniae Red Natural Color Sales
- Cape Jasmine Red Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Pigment Yellow Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Red Natural Color Sales
- Fructus Gardeniae Yellow Natural Color Sales
- Cape Jasmine Yellow Natural Color Sales
- Gardenia Yellow Natural Color Sales
- Fructus Gardeniae Blue Natural Color Sales
Nanjing Zelang Medical Technology Co.,Ltd.
We are located in Nanjing Hi-Tech Development Zone and were founded in 2004. We are a high-tech enterprise specialized and engaged in the production and sale of natural color plant extract. We have self-managed import and export rights.
- Beetroot Red, Beet Red, BETANIN-Beetroot Red Manufacturer, Beet Red Manufacturer, BETANIN Manufacturer, 甜菜根红 Manufacturer
- Curcumin, E 100 Curcumin, CI Natural Yellow 3, Turmeric Yellow, Diferoyl Methane-Curcumin Manufacturer, E 100 Curcumin Manufacturer, CI Natural Yellow 3 Manufacturer, Turmeric Yellow Manufacturer, Diferoyl Methane Manufacturer, 姜黄素 Manufacturer
- Lutein, E 161b LUTEIN, Mixed Carotenoids, Xanthophylls-Lutein Manufacturer, E 161b LUTEIN Manufacturer, Mixed Carotenoids Manufacturer, Xanthophylls Manufacturer, 叶黄素 Manufacturer
- Chlorophylls, CI Natural Green 3, Magnesium Chlorophyll, Magnesium Phaeophytin-Chlorophylls Manufacturer, CI Natural Green 3 Manufacturer, Magnesium Chlorophyll Manufacturer, Magnesium Phaeophytin Manufacturer, 叶绿素
- CI Food Orange 5, Beta-Carotene-Beta-Carotene Manufacturer, CI Food Orange 5 Manufacturer, Β-胡萝卜素 Manufacturer
- Paprika Extract, Paprika Oleoresin-Paprika Extract Manufacturer, Paprika Oleoresin Manufacturer, 辣椒红素 Manufacturer
- Lycopene, Natural Yellow 27-Lycopene Manufacturer, Natural Yellow 27 Manufacturer, 番茄红素 Manufacturer
- Grape Skin Extract-grape skin red,grape skin red color,Vitis vinifera skin,natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural red
- Purple Sweet Potato Color（Deodorized)-Purple Sweet Potato Color,Purple Sweet Potato pigment,Purple Sweet Potato dye,natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural red
- Lac Dye Red-Lac Dye Red,lac red,lac dye,lac pigment,lac color,shellac red,shellac dye, natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural red
- Carthamus（Safflower） Yellow-carthamin,carthamin yellow,Saffower Yellow,Carthamus tinctorius yellow safflower carthamus yellow,flowers carthami,safflower carthamus
- Monascus Red color-Monascus red,Monascus purpureus Went red,natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural red
- Red Rice Red-red rice red,red yeast red,natural dye,natural pigment ,natural color,natural red
- Red Cabbage Color(Deodorized)-cabbage red,Brassica oleracea red,natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural red
- Gardenia black-gardenia black,gardenia pigment,Cape jasmine black,Fructus Gardeniae black,natural dye,natural pigment,natural color,natural black
- Red rice brown pigment-red rice brown,red yeast brown,natural dye,natural pigment ,natural color,natural brown
What was practiced and How??
Natural Pigment Sales,Natural Dyes Cheap,Botanical Extract Color Company,Natural Antioxidant Color Products,Plant Extract Pigment,Herbal Extract Dye
• Scientists are almost certain that dyeing was practiced throughout the world, but it is difficult to obtain proof on this for two reasons. First, not all cultures left written records of their practices. Second, because of the wide variance of environmental conditions and degree of geological disturbance, it is not easy to find well‐preserved evidence of dyed textiles in many archaeological sites.
• Cotton was also valued because of the brightness and colorfastness of the dyes used to color it, and also for its use in making candle wicks.
• Samples of cotton fabrics have been found in India and Pakistan dating to 3000 BC, but it did not appear in Europe until the 4th century.
What is color and its uses Natural Pigment Sales,Natural Dyes Cheap,Botanical Extract Color Company,Natural Antioxidant Color Products,Plant Extract Pigment,Herbal Extract Dye • Color and its various uses come over the horizon from pre‐historical period by all cultural groups and on all major land masses. The ancestors of man must have noticed (perhaps with or without understanding) the abundance of multitude of colors worn by nature. Certainly it would have been fascinating to them. Every civilization has its myth and association with color. Aristotle, the great philosopher of the fourth century BC, considered yellow and blue (www.colour‐affects.co.uk Color Affects‐ History of Color) to be the two primary colors relating to life's polarities. A physicist considers that black and white are no colors. Psychologically, however black and white are colors because they produce visual sensation and they have strong effects on other colors either by mixing or by juxtaposition. The greatest contribution to our understanding of color came from men whose work combined science and mathematics with art, metaphysics and theology ‐ indeed the sum of human study.
Colorant Natural Pigment Sales,Natural Dyes Cheap,Botanical Extract Color Company,Natural Antioxidant Color Products,Plant Extract Pigment,Herbal Extract Dye "Colorant" is used as a name for materials such as dyes and pigments. Ability of natural colorant to be used as natural dyes has been known since ancient times. A dye can generally be described as "a colored substance that has an affinity to the substrate to which it is being applied". The dye is usually used as an aqueous solution, and may require a mordant to improve the fastness of the dye on the fi